If you have just brought a second little addition home, or if you have had two littles for a while and have been wrestling with two separate strollers, you know what a life saver a good, double stroller could be.
But, which one to choose? There are an overwhelming number of double, tandem, sit and stand, etc. etc. strollers out on the market. Trying to figure out which one will be the right fit for your family can be quite a task.
To help you out on your hunt for the perfect stroller, we are happy to share our Joovy Caboose Ultralight Graphite Stroller review with you to see if it might not be the solution to your stroller problems. In our review, we will discuss the benefits, specifications, pros and cons of the Joovy Caboose Ultralight Graphite Stroller and provide a final verdict to help you know if it is the right fit for your family’s needs.
- Lightweight and compact: the Joovy Caboose Ultralight Graphite Stroller is even more lightweight than their other caboose model. Now made with an aluminum frame, the stroller weighs in at approximately 22 pounds, and it still has a foot print that is closer to that of a single stroller. Perfect for navigating in tough crowds and for packing away in a small trunk space, but still fully functional as a sit and stand double stroller.
- Seating Options: this stroller comes with an infant car seat adapter that can accommodate over 20 different car seats. So, if you still have a super tiny new one, you can attach the adapter and start using the stroller right away, and still have the bench and standing platform in the back for your older child.Additionally, if your older child is still a smaller toddler still lacking the strength or independence for the bench seat or standing platform, you can purchase a full-sized caboose seat that can be attached as a back seat. It is a fully functioning, full sized, reclinable back seat, so you can strap your small toddler in. Once they are big enough that they want to walk more and be more independent, you can remove the seat and let them use the bench or standing platform.
As mentioned above, the Joovy Caboose Ultralight Graphite Stroller is remarkably lightweight, weighing approximately 22 pounds. Its dimensions are about 41.5 x 21.5 x 37 inches standing and 10.5 x 21.5 x 41.5 inches folded. This makes it very easy to maneuver in tighter spaces and big crowds and compact enough to store even in smaller trunk spaces, with a quick and easy two-hand fold mechanism.
Despite it being so lightweight, it is still quite sturdy, with sealed bearing wheels, much like the wheels on inline skates and skateboards. This makes the ride smoother and sturdier, without running the risk of a wheel going flat.
This Joovy caboose model does come with both a child tray for the front seat and a cloth parent organizer. It also has a generous sunshade to cover the child in the front as well as a new extendable sunshade that can connect from the front shade to the parent organizer to shade the child in the back. When your older child is walking instead of riding, you can unzip the extendable sunshade and pack it into the parent organizer.
- Extremely lightweight: for a double stroller, 22 pounds is extremely lightweight. What’s more, this model weighs less than even many single strollers. If you are a smaller individual, or have a smaller trunk space and need to be able to fold and unfold your stroller in a hurry, this one can do it.
- More options: the Ultralight Joovy Caboose model comes with even more options than the previous one. It still has the infant seat adapter, and has the option to purchase an additional full sized, fully functional back seat if your children’s ages make it more appropriate than starting out with a bench seat.But this one also comes with a parent organizer that allows for two cups/drinks as well as a pocket for a phone or wallet, and it has an extendable sunshade so that the child sitting in the back is fully protected from the sun.
- Harder to access storage basket: the storage basket underneath the seats is a bit harder to access and by necessity is a little bit smaller than some may like
- Squeaky wheels: many users have reported issues with very loud, squeaky wheels, which apparently become quite annoying. However, Joovy is happy to walk you through trouble shooting to fix the problem should this occur, and has also been reported to send out new wheels if the issue cannot be fixed.
If you are looking for an easy to use stroller that will allow for both of your children, regardless of what stages they are in, this is definitely the stroller for you. Its light weight and compact nature makes it perfect if you have smaller trunk space and if you have one little one and one child who is a bit older and starting to be more independent.
While its lighter frame can make it seem a bit less sturdy, it is still made of strong materials and wheels and is sufficient for long outings with two kiddos. If you think this is the stroller you’ve been looking for, buy one today!
No reviews yet